Wednesday, October 3, 2007

1st Interview

FINALLY!! Finally someone wanted to interview me! I tell you what, this job search is annoying. But, I finally had an interview with a recruiting company. What they do is interview you first and then recommend you to the company you'd actually be working for. Then you interview with the real company and if they like you, you get hired as a temp through the recruiting company. So while you are a temp, the recruiting company pays you hourly. Then if the actual company decides they like you, you get the permanent position with them and get on salary/benefits with them and the recruiting company goes away.

With that said, my interview with the recruiting company went really well. It was really relaxed and the man interviewing me totally loved me. :) The job they have in mind for me is with a public adjusting company, not a law firm. So I'd be in-house counsel for them. What they do is when there is a natural disaster (let's say a hurricane), and someone loses their roof, they go to their insurance company. The insurance company says "oh, um your policy doesn't cover this." But it really does, the poor roofless person would go get a public adjustor to measure the damage and then I would contact the insurance company and try to settle or go to court over it. Sounds pretty fun to me, though it is not my first choice. I'd really like to do real estate law or family law, but so far this is my only opportunity that has opened up and it may be a good way to get some experience and get my foot in the door. Plus, it sounds interesting for me! It also doesn't hurt that starting salary is $70,000 and benefits!! I'll let you know if I get that second interview; I sure hope so!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Yeah!! You would be really good at that, plus think of all the things you could buy me with $70,000. j/k (kinda) I'll pray for ya!

Lacey said...

I hope the job comes through.
You could then be the rich aunt who buys things for her nieces and nephews.
I have one of those sisters who spoils my girls.
:)

Beth said...

Go Mol-ly, go Mol-ly! Good luck. With $70,000 you can make trips west to visit family & FRIENDS!!!

A little insight to the world of Molly, Elliott, and Tinkerbelle!