Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Aerobics Diva

For the past 3 weeks, I've been a good girl and have been going to the gym. Normally when I would go to the gym, I would do my own workout routine involving cardio and weight lifting. But, I did that with my oh-so-talented sister Annie and she would tell me what to do and how to do it. So my good friend Brittni here loves aerobics and we happen to have memberships to the same gym. She convinced me to go and try it. Annie and I used to just watch the women in those classes and laugh because you can totally tell which ones are new at it. Plus, there's always that one lady (or 2 or 3 or 4) that has some spandex-leotard type contraption on her body, and she SHOULD NOT be wearing it! The laughing stock of the gym, you know. I did NOT want to be the laughing stock, but I was up for a new challenge, so I agreed to go. Here's how the week went:

Monday: "Camp24" - it is an interval class for 1 hour. 5 minutes cardio, 5 minutes weightlifting....AKA "Kick Molly's Trash Class"

Tuesday: "Turbo Kick Box" - self explanatory...1 hour class of jumping, kicking, punching....AKA "Make Molly Look Like A Baby Throwing a Temper Tantrum Class"

Wednesday: no really good class today, so we did our own normal cardio...AKA "Thank Heavens Because Molly's Legs are Now Rubber"

Thursday: "24Step" - Advanced step class. Yes, for advanced people, which I definitely am NOT....AKA "White Girl Molly Officially Becomes Laughing Stock of Gym Class"

Friday: "Turbo Kick Box" again....AKA "TGIF...Is This Almost Over Class?"

My first week was brutal. I looked like a total retard b/c I didn't know the steps, and not to mention, I'm way out of shape. Second week was a little better. I started to get the steps a little bit more, but still pretty sore. This third week has been more enjoyable because I've almost got the steps down and I'm feeling stronger. But, the classes still make me sweat like a pregnant nun in church. It's nice though.

5 comments:

Annie said...

You crack me up! I wasn't aware that nuns were allowed to get pregnant. I'm glad that someone is there to go with because back here I am all alone, and getting fatter by the second! Good for you going to the gym is the best thing to do when you are unemployed. (I should know cuz I love being unemployed) Love ya Moo

the Rew Crew said...

Is that why I'm sweating all the time? I thought it was just the humidity here.

You should try doing all that preggers. I still work out, (er, I try to anyway), but I have to stop every few minutes to catch my breath and massage my ever expanding belly.

When I work out pregnant I have never-ending Braxton Hicks that actually hurt so I'm always bending over halfway trying to ease the pain. The trainers at my gym always are eying me uneasily, like I'm going into labor and shouldn't be there.

Hah! Little do they know I have three months to go! They must not know what pregnant woman looks like.

Kellie Knapp said...

ok i LOVE LOVE LOVE camp24... it kicks your A...i was in that class seriously thinking I was going to need some medical attention when it was over it was SO HARD but it feels so good when the hour is done! Good for you molly jo! :) I miss working out...just walking to the kitchen is a work out for me these days! haha... keep up the good work sister!

Haley said...

Oh Molly, way to go girl! Wish I could be there doing it with you, I sure need a little butt kickin'!

Sarah said...

I'm totally inspired by your gym regiment! I'm totally out of shape myself, but I have been meaning to get into a workout routine again cause I do really enjoy it. Thanks for your fun comments on my blog...this whole blogging thing is fun! I will keep you in the know about the date. :)

A little insight to the world of Molly, Elliott, and Tinkerbelle!