Thursday, September 20, 2007

Frustrating Catch 22

I'm frustrated. I'm trying to find a job. The thing is, everyone wants you to have experience before they hire you, but you can't get experience until someone hires you. The typical Catch 22. I've been emailing out my resume to several firms and trying to get started, but no luck yet. It is so frustrating. I just feel like I'm aimlessly looking at jobs all day.

I'm not trying to be negative. I'm grateful that I finished law school and that I passed this bar exam. I'm grateful that Elliott got into a great optometry program. I'm happy to be in Florida. I just wish this was easier.

3 comments:

the Rew Crew said...

Molly--I forgot to mention to you that this is so typical in Florida. I hate to tell you this but every single job offer Josh has had while here has been through someone he knows. My job offers have come through temping first, then being offered a firm job after a few weeks/months. In addition, this is the only part of the country we have lived in where applying online has not been fruitful. It seems that networking here is more important than ever. Try and talk to as many attorneys as you can and get your face and name out there. Good luck! Something good is bound to come your way. You could always try a head-hunter if the job hunt is really slow.

Beth said...

Kind of odd, huh? Sorry for the frustration. Hang in there. You know when the time is right, it'll happen.

Sarah said...

Hey, k, so I promise I'm not trying to dominate the comments page, but I just wanted to say that I totally feel your pain. I have been looking for a job that fits my degree and that I actually enjoy for more than two years now and I have run into the same "you need experience" problem and it does totally suck. So now, I am working for a doctor...haha! Keep at it though...the Lord will bless you for your efforts and someone will see how much potential you have and snap you up! :)

Sarah

A little insight to the world of Molly, Elliott, and Tinkerbelle!