Friday, July 6, 2007
This means WAR!!
I went to my kitchen tonight planning to grab a quick dinner and head back to my books. But no. Instead, I walked into my kitchen (which is sparkling clean, of course) to find a whole freaking colony of ants!! They were EVERYWHERE!! At first, I didn't know what to do b/c there were so many, so I just watched them scurry here and there. Then I woke up from my dazed state and grabbed the dish towel and started smashing ants. I literally stood there killing ants for 20 minutes. Now I have a zillion ant bites and I feel like I have ants in my pants and on my arms and crawling everywhere....eeeewwwww! I hate that feeling! I tried to find where the ants were coming from, but they didn't seem to have an origin and I don't know why they would've come to the spot they were at b/c there was no food around. I hate ants. I hate bugs. Eww...now I feel like they are on me again! Eww....waaaaaaa!! My bites are itching....stupid ants! Come back, I dare you! I shall win!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A little insight to the world of Molly, Elliott, and Tinkerbelle!
5 comments:
Since you're in the south, be glad they weren't cockroaches! Sorry. Ants are hard to get rid of. They might be in your wall. Or under the sink. Call an exterminator :)
Sweetie. Welcome to the South. Ants, and roaches for that matter, are awful! I had an infestation start pouring under my front door a few months ago while I sat watching tv. I noticed them and went ballistic. I opened my front door and there were thousands of them.
Anyway, so, first I grabbed the Boric Acid, (keep this stuff on hand, you buy it in the pharmacy section of a grocery store--it's powder and excellent at repelling cockroaches and sometimes ants), and dumped it all over our entry way, the surrounding carpet, and the porch. Then I ran for the vacuum and sucked the litte boogers up. Then I did the same for the porch. We haven't had ants inside since. It sounds like yours were fire ants, which are worse because they bite. We keep fire ant killer on hand but have only had to use it outside. Have your apt managers get the pest control people there asap.
Last summer Josh and I were house-sitting and had a trail of ants in the kitchen. I dumped Boric Acid between the cabinets and appliances and killed all I could see, and they never returned while we were there.
Retake your home honey!! It's yours! Defend yourself!
And good luck. The bugs/ants/roaches down here are another breed altogether!!
Dude, that sucks. We just got back from a week in Huntsville and I've already come across 5 black widow webs outside. Just knowing they're around, spinning their little webs, creeps me out. I found a daddy long legs last night in the room we've been staying all week and it ended up giving me a bad dream (not cause I'm scared of them, but it creeps me out just knowing that they can intrude on my clean life) to ruin my last night of sleep of my vacation. It's hot.
that was Nate by the way.
That better be all cleaned up and the problem solved by the time your city slicker sister comes to visit in August. EWWWWWW!!! I feel for ya girl.
Post a Comment