Good news! Tinkerbelle's toy is more like a cat, and has regained life! It's been out of commission for about a week now, and all of sudden it started working again! She couldn't be happier!
Studying is going pretty well, but is starting to take a toll on me. My neck and back are killing me because I'm constantly hunched over a book, doing practice questions. I took 2 simulated exams this week. On the first one, I got a raw score of 122 where the national average was 104. On the second one, I got a raw score of 104 where the national average was 95. So, I guess I'm doing alright. Since the bar exam is a scaled test (where you are compared to other people), as long as I am above the average, I figure I'm pretty safe. I still have a lot of room for improvement though, so these next few weeks I'm really going to focus on it even more. But, since today is Independence Day, I figure I deserve a little break. We went to Las Olas Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale for lunch today with our friends Bryce and Brittni. We wanted to go to this wonderful Mediterrainian (how the heck do you spell that??) restaurant that we found when we came down with my parents in March, but it was shut down! :( I was so bummed! But, since we were there and it was time to eat, we decided to go to Cheesecake Factory, and it was yummy. Elliott had to go to work, so now I am just blogging and chillin. Bryce and Brittni are going to take me to a barbeque at Steve and Emilee's house and then the ward is having an ice cream party at the park with fireworks, so I'm going to that with them too. I'm going to enjoy my time off today and not feel guilty b/c for the next couple weeks, I'm going to become a hermit and not do anything but study. Yay for me.
Last Saturday we went to a barbeque at Brandon and Jamie's house with Bryce, Brittni, Steve, and Emilee. I made a strawberry-spinach salad that was quite delicious, if I do say so myself. We all played Taboo after dinner and man that game is so funny when you get that many people playing it. We were dying laughing. Good times. It was fun to get to know Brandon and Jamie a little more...they are halarious. I'm so happy we've found great friends here. It makes everything better.
We've had some pretty crazy lightening storms here the past few days. I swear the lightening strikes our area b/c the thunder comes before the light is even gone and it is the loudest sound ever. Seriously, it sounds like massive explosions! My computer is next to a window, and I've heard on the news here that during a lightening storm you shouldn't be by a window (and since Florida is the number 1 place for lightening strikes and deaths from lightening, I listen to what the news says), so the other night I was just studying at my computer and the brightest light came and the biggest thunder came, so I dove off my chair and started crying. HAHAHA!! I'M SUCH A DORK!! But, I was seriously scared. Elliott came to my rescue and tried his hardest not to laugh at me since I was being overly sensitive that day anyway. But yeah, the lightening/thunder/rain storms here are insane. I was driving through one of these storms on my way home from school and I seriously couldn't see 10 feet in front of me or hear anything b/c the rain was hitting my car so hard. I'm amazed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A little insight to the world of Molly, Elliott, and Tinkerbelle!
2 comments:
Yup, that's rain in the south. Glad to hear that you are doing so well studying and good for yo for taking the day off today. Give Elliot a hug for us.
DON'T GO OUTSIDE IN THOSE STORMS! Mercy child! FL storms can be sooooo dangerous.
On a funny note, please try to not use the toilet either during a storm. My mother, the nerdy science teacher, explained to me that sitting on the pot is not a great option during a storm since water is a conductor of electricity. I would be so embarrassed up in heaven if I knew that's how I bit the dust.
On a brighter note, I'm so glad you guys are making friends and being social butterflies. I'm not surprised at all because you are both good, fun people, and everyone loves to be around good, fun people.
As for us, we are not social butterflies. They say that being a PhD's wife is kind of like being a widow. Sigh. It is so true, but of course not as bad as that. Only one more year to go!!!
Glad to hear things are going well. Take care!
Post a Comment