Monday, June 25, 2007

Studying for the bar....

...IS EXHAUSTING!! And the sad part is, I feel like I should be doing even MORE than I'm doing. I go to lecture all morning, come home, have some lunch, run a couple errands or take a 30 minute dip in the pool to revive from the ever-so-exciting lecture, then sit at my desk and do question after question and review outline after outline. My back hurts b/c I haven't found a chiropracter here and sitting in a chair all day isn't the best thing for your back. My head feels like it is about to explode with information, and I'm trying my best to keep it all in my tiny little brain for a few more weeks. I can't wait until 5:00 July 25th b/c then this will all be over! (but for some crazy reason, I am going to do this to myself two more times with the Nevada and Utah bars)

Anyway, since I've been studying, I haven't blogged...not like there is much to blog about anyway. Nobody wants to hear about how I learned that FL is a comparative negligence state, yahoo, yay, big freaking deal! BUT, on Friday, I decided to let my brain have a little relaxation so we invited two couples over for game night - Bryce and Brittni again and Steve and Emilee (another optometry student in our ward). We played Taboo (boys vs. girls and the boys beat us in the very end; not bitter or anything!), Clue (which I won in a matter of 15 minutes by pure skill...ok...maybe it was luck), and Spoons, which Elliott totally lost. haha. I made some new cookies for the event. They had crushed up Andes mints in them...YUM! YUM! YUM! - the recipe is on the back of the Andes mints bag found in the bakery isle of the grocery store...go find it and make em, cuz they were delicious. Not one cookie was left after that night! Then we all chatted for a while and Steve and Emilee decided to leave. Bryce and Brittni (who we are totally becoming great friends with) stayed and we rented a movie from our TV - Catch and Release. Just okay if you ask me. But, it was super fun having them all over! I'm so happy that there are other couples in optometry school, and especially without kids. Not that kids are bad, it's just easier to hang out with couples without kids when you don't have em either. I really like Steve and Emilee too, but we seem to click better with Bryce and Brittni. We are already planning a trip to Universal Studios with them once I take the bar. They invited us over next weekend for a BBQ, which I'm totally hoping Elliott doesn't have to work so we can go. Anyway, I am super excited to have such great friends!

Saturday was just work for Elliott and studying for me. Sunday was church, then work for Elliott and me avoiding studying. Oh, but Elliott does have another calling! He is also a ward missionary, which he seems pretty excited about b/c he loves missionary work. Bryce is also a ward missionary, so that's nice since they are already buddies.

Ok, enough procrastination for yet more bar questions.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I know you'll do great on that bar exam. I have a huge testimony that if you study and do your part, Heavenly Father will bring to your remembrance what you have studied. Go Molly!!! I missed you guys on Saturday night.

A little insight to the world of Molly, Elliott, and Tinkerbelle!