Wow, two blogs in one day...that can only mean that I am (1) super behind in the blog world, and (2) I am totally procrastinating more practice bar questions - I am so sick of studying already! Oh well, almost over.
Anyway, I thought I should report about my weekend since it was such a nice break from the ordinary sleep-in, study, Elliott goes to work, sort of weekend. Elliott has not had a weekend off since he started working here. It's been kinda nice b/c I just study and get a lot done while he's gone, but nevertheless, I still miss him. He had this Saturday off, so we decided to make plans even though I had a bazillion assignments to do. We decided to call up our new-found friends Bryce and Britney. Bryce is an optometry student who started last year, but is in the part-time program so he will be graduating with Elliott. They are in our ward. Our original plan was to meet at 10:00 at our house and then we'd all go to the beach that is 15 minutes away. (Nice, huh?) Well, of course, the weather had different plans for us. Usually it is sunny in the morning and rains in the afternoon, so we thought we'd get by going at 10:00, but no. So we nixed that plan. Since I had already made all the food for our picnic at the beach, we decided to have them over for lunch and then go to a movie. Lunch was great, they liked my cooking (who doesn't ;) ) and it was really nice to get to know more about them. Then they told us about this other movie theater that is nicer than the one closer to us and is connected to yet another HUGE mall. We decided to go to that one instead since it was only 15 minutes away and we had never been there. This mall was the coolest mall ever. It had all of the fancy, high-end stores that you can't afford, but it also had the cheaper stores too. Plus it had Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, Crate and Barrel, Restoration Hardware, and pretty much every other store you could think of. We window shopped for a while and saw "Oceans 13" there. Good movie, I recommend it. By the time we were done with all that, it was dinner time, so we went to this Mexican restaurant that they recommended. It was REALLY yummy, and was just what we wanted since we haven't been able to find good Mexican food around here - no Robertos in FL...boo hoo....(for elliott anyway, i don't mind that much). So then we returned to our house and just kept talking and talking. I decided that they are going to be great friends. We have so much in common between the four of us. I'm super excited that we have such a great couple friend already! It makes it feel more like home.
Then on Sunday, Elliott had to work a double shift since it was Father's Day. I had to substitute primary for the 3rd week in a row, and since the primary presidency got to know me these last three weeks, they thought they'd just call me as a teacher...so now I am going to be the permanent CTR 6 teacher. I'm actually pretty happy about that b/c Britney is also in there along with Emilee, another wife of an optometry student. I think it'll be fun to get to know everyone even in primary. Elliott also got a calling...it's a weird one....he is a zone leader for hurricane relief! hahaha! I thought this was SO FUNNY because of ALL people who should know about hurricane relief, Elliott and I are the LAST ones to go to! hahaha! I guess he has a group of people he has to call before/after a hurricane to make sure they are okay and have food, water, ice, etc. Crazy calling - definitely not one in the west!
I got way behind in my studies this weekend, but it was well worth it. I'll catch up during this week. I had such a great time getting to know another couple and spending time with my hubby. I'm beginning to REALLY enjoy living here, despite all the rain and being away from my family and closest friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A little insight to the world of Molly, Elliott, and Tinkerbelle!
2 comments:
Good...life is moving along as it should. Glad you're making good friends. They could end up being best friends for life!
Congratulations on becoming a Croc-wearer! This only shows that you are extremely capable of adapting to different cultures and peoples. Good for you!
You guys will be great at your callings. Believe it or not, we have groups in wards up here that are called to assist in Hurricane relief, (getting down and dirty relief, mostly clean up), during the entire hurrican season! This means those men are gone every single weekend and miss church that whole time. Since it is always the case that 10% of the people do 90% of the work you can only imagine the sacrifice this is from these men and their families.
I'm so jealous of the shopping down there. The big news in Tallahassee is that (1) a Costco is opening this fall (finally!), and (2), a Kohls is opening as well, (yes, Kohls). Locals are thrilled and it makes us laugh so hard. Sigh. Be grateful you at least have places to shop where you can feel semi-normal.
Post a Comment