Sunday, June 3, 2007
Desert Rat
This last weekend, mostly on Friday, I had the pleasure of experiencing my first "tropical depression." Not like sad depression, but you know, the weather term depression. Let me tell you...HOLY COW!! I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH RAIN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!! It rained and rained and rained and rained and...you get the point. And not just soft, little rain. No, it was big ol' fat rain that came down in sheets! There are canals and lakes EVERYWHERE here in Florida, and, well, now I know why. What a way to start off Hurricane season (which started on June 1st). This little desert rat is in for a huge climatic change! I just couldn't believe it, had to share. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A little insight to the world of Molly, Elliott, and Tinkerbelle!
3 comments:
Reminds us of the mission. The weather of the south was one of the things i (we) really learned to love. The rain. The steamy streets after summer rain. Fast and big raindrops and rain storms. Real thunder and lightning. Growing up in Vegas really deprives people of what real weather is like. Enjoy it while you can.
Yeah...westerners don't really know what a rain storm is.
Wow girls, you should check out the pacific northwest--the rain doesn't stop there!! However, one thing we get in the South that is different is the thundering, pounding rain which comes upon you in an instant, and then leaves just as quickly. I didn't know the storm was so bad down South, Molly. Up here in Tally where we are having a drought we cheered for the few inches we got from that storm!
Welcome to your first hurricane season!! It will certainly be an experience!
Post a Comment