Sunday, June 10, 2007
Sunday Adventure
We already had to give talks during sacrament meeting! Crazy! They called us on Wednesday and asked us to talk this Sunday, and since Elliott was the one to answer the phone, he said "Sure!" If it would have been me, well, I probably would've murmered about how little time that was to prepare (especially considering I am studying like 18 hours a day and still feel behind!). Lucky for me though, we just barely had to talk in our Vegas ward before we left, and no specific topic was given for today, so I used my old talk! Yes! (It's really kinda sad how much I enjoy taking the easy way out these days...) So anyway, I talked about the Book of Mormon and its translation. It seemed to go over well, I had people laughing and attentive and a lot of people came up afterwards to tell me I did a great job. Elliott was talking about the creation...and that's about all I know about his talk b/c my attention to him was averted (as was everyone else's attention who was anywhere close to the pulpit) because all of a sudden this HUGE, and I mean HUGE, cockroach started to crawl up the pulpit towards Elliott. And then it changed direction and started crawling on the railing towards ME! At which point it crawled on the other side of the railing so I couldn't see it. Then, before I knew it, this guy in the front row (Brandon is his name) finally noticed it. His wife saw it and quickly picked up their child and left the building. Then all of a sudden Brandon jumps like 2 feet off his chair because not only is this a huge cockroach, it is some freak of nature cockroach that flies/jumps right at Brandon! Everyone else jumps and makes a big commotion, and Brandon finally kills the cockroach. Meanwhile, poor Elliott is up there trying to talk about how great the creation is. I couldn't help but laugh. The creation was wonderful...except for the creation of enormous cockroaches that jump and cause disturbances in sacrament, of course. It was quite funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A little insight to the world of Molly, Elliott, and Tinkerbelle!
2 comments:
yes molly, you are my inspiration! I loved it . . . so your story cracked me up. Darik & I talked in sacrament today too -- thankfully no huge cockroaches! :-) And I love the pics of Florida, makes me want to move there!!!! Good luck on the bar
Funny talk! Nate and Stacy and Julina came over tonight and we played a couple of hours of "golf". Wished you were here. Good luck on your studying. When is the bar?
Post a Comment