Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Rollercoaster Woes

My sweet sister Annie just can't catch a break. She was at home and doing better, but not necessarily good. She was stable for a while, but last night she took a bad turn and is now back in the hospital. Her blood sugar levels are elevated, her fever returned, and she had some violent vomiting. They are not sure what is wrong, but they suspect that she has a staph infection in her pick line, which is apparently in her heart (or just around it, I don't know for sure). They are drawing 60ccs of her blood today and we won't have an actual diagnosis for 72 hours. They were hoping to keep the baby in her until she reached 36 weeks, but if she continues to deterioate or if she does in fact have a staph infection, they are likely going to take Libby.

So, right now, it's just a waiting game. Hopefully, she will stabilize again so that Libby can have some more time to develop those lungs! Anyway, I was thinking I'd have to fly out there today to see her, but my parents assured me that she isn't as bad as she was when her lungs collapsed.

Please keep Annie and Libby in your prayers. She's very sick! I know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers, and I think the more people who pray for her, the better. I appreciate your support, and I know Annie does too. Keep fighting Annie!

4 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

Hi Molly, this is Liz Mohler! I have been so worried about Annie. Thank you so much for posting that on her blog and keeping us up to date. If there is ANYTHING big or small I can do, please don't hesitate to ask. I will be praying for her! Again, anything I can do, I want to do it!

Beth said...

Molly, what a bummer! I'm so sorry for Annie and Libby and all the family. Prayers are heard, we know.

familiesarepriceless said...

She is in my prayers as well as many other peoples prayers. You are an awesome sister! Give her a hug for me.
Brandee Price (neel)

The Knudsen Family said...

Hi I am a friend of Annie's thank you for the posts. I am so worried for her. Do you know which hospital she is in?

A little insight to the world of Molly, Elliott, and Tinkerbelle!