I know, I know!! I haven't blogged in forever! Sorry! After my bar exam, I read Harry Potter relaxed, went to Universal Studios, and then Annie and Mom and Shelby came to see me, so I've gotten way behind! So much to say...I think I will just make a list:
1. SEPTEMBER 17th AT 2pm: The day and time my bar results are posted. Can't wait. It's torture waiting this long. (And to all of my Nevada bar exam takers, I'm so sorry that you have to wait until October...that bites!) The Florida bar exam is a two day test. The first day is 3 essays in the morning and then 100 multiple choice questions in the afternoon. The second day is the Multi-state portion and is 100 multiple choice questions in the morning and another 100 multiple choice questions in the afternoon. After my first day, I felt great! I was like "Oh, I totally aced this exam, I'm going to pass for sure!" Then came the second day. I was irate when I came out of that test. I didn't feel so hot about it, but then again everyone else around me felt the same way. I think that I have a great chance of passing it though. They average the scores of the two days and in Florida, I have to get a scaled score of 136 or higher in order to pass. I feel confident that I passed, but then again, you just never know. Check back on September 17th around 2:01 and I will let you know how I did!
2. UNIVERSAL STUDIOS: We went with our friends Bryce and Brittni. Orlando is about a 3 hour drive from here, so we left Friday afternoon after they got off work. We made it just in the nick of time to make the last session at the Orlando Temple. I was really happy we went. We hadn't been in quite a while, so it was nice to be reminded of our covenants. Then on Saturday morning we went to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure (the more roller-coaster-y part of Universal). Our friends had received coupons in the mail, so it was super cheap to go. The parks were really fun, but mostly it was just fun to hang out and not worry about a thing. There was this Men in Black ride where you each had your own gun to shoot aliens while on the ride. Elliott usually beats me in all kinds of video games, but this time I was not going to let him win. I totally beat him! I got like 114,500 points and he only got like 85,000. MUHAHAHA!! I was pretty excited I actually beat him. We stayed the night that night, which was a good thing b/c we were all pooped from being at the parks for 13 hours! We made home with enough time to go get Tink from her "Pet Hotel" and to go to church and teach my little primary class. It was a great time. I'm working on a slide show too.
3. MOM, ANNIE AND SHELBY TRIP: SO MUCH FUN! Oh man, I miss you guys so much already. We had so much fun. First we went shopping at Sawgrass Mills Mall, which is like the 2nd largest mall in America, I believe. It took us two full days of shopping to even cover it! Shelby loved shopping with the girls. She did so good; just slept and laughed and giggled. I found a suit, which I was really happy about because I need one for my upcoming interviews! We all found super buys since Sawgrass is a true outlet too! We had to do some other "Florida" things too though. So we went on this riverboat called the Jungle Queen. We had heard so much about it, so I decided to take them. It was cool. It took down "Millionaire's Row" which is the intercoastal canal that has huge mansions on it that are millionaire's winter vacation homes. Man, someday my "vacation" home will be like that! haha! Must be nice. I also decided it would be cool to have a yacht one day. They are so pretty and it would be fun to just cruise around to various islands on your yacht. Maybe when I become rich and famous... The Jungle Queen let you out at a island that had some caged animals, including monkeys. It stunk, literally. The only cool part about that was there was this alligator show thing, where a crazy guy got in the alligator pit and wrestled with an alligator. Psycho! We also went to Fort Lauderdale South Beach. We didn't have our swimsuits, but we put our feet in and took some pictures. It was fun. Then it was time for them to go. They had a 7:00am flight out of here, so I woke up early and took them to the airport. I was all sad and was wishing for just a few more hours with them. Well...I GOT MY WISH!! haha!! Spirit Airlines is so incompetent that they made several people miss their flights that day. They just wouldn't check people in fast enough even though they were there an hour early. So the next flight to Vegas wasn't until 8:00 that night, so I went back and picked them up, and we had a whole more day! So we went shopping again and just chatted. Shelby got an Elmo doll, and she was so excited about it and hasn't stopped loving on him. Then we got to eat a nice dinner at Olive Garden before I took them back to the airport. It was really a blessing that they stayed that extra day because I had a rough day after they left. I was sad and in a funk and at least it was Saturday so Elliott was home to comfort me. Thanks again for coming you guys! And thanks Papa and Jonathan for letting your girls come see me! I love you guys! (Pictures are also coming for this too)
4. ELLIOTT'S SCHOOL: Elliott officially started optometry school. He'll be a doctor before you know it! He is gone pretty much all day, everyday of the week. It was a good thing that Annie and Mom and Shelby were here for his first week so that I wasn't so lonesome. He is really busy and studies all the time. It's good though. I'm glad he has finally started school; he has always wanted to be an optometrist, so it is nice that he has followed through on his goals and started the last obstacle to getting to his goal.
Well, I think that's the last few weeks in a nutshell. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. I'll be working on the pictures shortly. Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A little insight to the world of Molly, Elliott, and Tinkerbelle!
4 comments:
YEAH!!! BLOG FRIENDS!!!! k first of all I KNOW you freakin passed... because you are kick A like that. SO no stress... you are a lawyer!! you can be my lawyer!!! I'll hurry and find someone to sue so you can make some money... :) I'm proud of elliot starting school! That's rad! k well I added you so now we are bbf...best blog friends... LOVE Ya!!!
So good to hear from you and even better to know you and Elliot are well. I'm glad you were able to get in some R&R. I wish you guys could have been here this past week, but alas, you're off doing the GROWN UP thing.
We had a blast too. if you get to lonely you can always come to Vegas and Shelby and I will pick you up from the airport and then we can ummmmm...... PLAY of course!
So glad to see you back here. Thanks for the message. I think Iowa City is like an hour or so away from us. Bummer...I REALLY need some friends.
I can't wait to hear your exam results. I am sure you did great!
Post a Comment