Wednesday, August 29, 2007

White Coat

So, I came to post about the things I've been doing that have kept me from my blog and I had taken pictures to post too, but my camera is MIA, so no pics for now. I think Elliott took it to school. I've been so busy with crafts, but I'll post later about those since I have pics.

Today is Elliott's White Coat Ceremony. I've been super excited about this ceremony b/c it's just a fun milestone. The faculty gives him his embroidered lab coat that has his name and "Student Doctor" on it and the optometry sheild patch thing. And after this ceremony, the faculty and those who come to the clinic call him Student Doctor Snyder. I think it is really cool, so I've been so excited, but Elliott informed me that families can't come to the ceremony! WHAT???!!! I'm so upset!! I want to be there; it's kind of a big deal! Elliott said I could sneak in, but I don't want to do that. So now the next best thing is wait for him to come out of the ceremony and take pictures afterward. Their reasoning for not letting families attend is lame too - just because not all the families could be there. Ugh! Well, I CAN be there. I drove 3,000 miles to be here, left my friends and family to come to a foreign place to support my Student Doctor of a husband, and darn it, I want to be there! They let the families be there for the dental and pharmacy lab coat ceremonies, so they should let optometry student's families in too. I guess I'll sneak in, but I hate doing things like that. I'm such a rule-follower. Oh well, now I vented. I'm feeling a little better. Thanks for listening all my blogging friends! :)

2 comments:

Annie said...

Rule Follower?? I'm sorry that really sucks though. Jon and I went to his and we didn't even know it was a big deal. Guess I should have taken a camera or something. OOOPPPS!

Beth said...

That is the lamest thing. What, are we in kindergarten, afraid someone will get their feelings hurt becuse they don't get the same thing other people are getting? I think you should write a letter. Not that it would make any difference for you, this year, but it might make a difference to others, later.

A little insight to the world of Molly, Elliott, and Tinkerbelle!