Well, we finally made it! We are officially Floridians...well, maybe not "officially" since we haven't changed our licenses yet or our voter registration, but still... We have a 3 bedroom apartment with a one car garage! I feel like I'm totally living it up! I have space!! It's my first garage, and I'm loving it! I will post pictures of it...as soon as I learn how to post pictures without making them humongous! (Anyone want to tell me how??) We live right next to a big pond, which is absolutely beautiful. All the ducks (which look like turkeys, by the way...wierd) had their ducklings. As a matter of fact, I was walking toward the pond with Tinkerbelle and Elliott and said "AHHH!! There's an alligator!" But Elliott just started laughing and told me that is was a duck with all her ducklings behind her. Once I got closer, I could see them. It was really cute. I guess I'm just paranoid that an alligator is going to eat my dog because just after I got here, Annie called me and told me that on the news there was this guy in West Palm Beach, FL (which is pretty close to me) whose dog got eaten by an alligator in his neighborhood pond! I think Tinkerbelle heard that story too b/c she is terrified to go outside...poor thing. Perhaps it doesn't help that there are ants EVERYWHERE here, and on our first day here, she went to go potty and stepped in an ant pile...now she hates the grass (since it bit her in the ass). She's getting better now.
I've had a bit of a hard time adjusting to living away from family and friends. It's not so bad when I have things to do, but when I'm not doing anything, I get sad. It doesn't help that I am sick and have no energy to do anything now...I just sit here, blow my nose, cough up a lung and think about "home." I'm trying to have a great attitude, and I really do love it so far, but I just wish I was here with all my same friends and family. Yeah, that would be better. I know I'll make friends quickly, but it doesn't make my first week any easier knowing that.
Speaking of new friends, a nice couple invited us over for dinner on Sunday. He's an optometry student. They had two other optometry student couples there and another single optometry student. It was really nice to meet other optometry students. They are all really nice and seem like we will become great friends in the next few years.
Anyhow, this is getting long. I promise I'll figure out how to do pictures. Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A little insight to the world of Molly, Elliott, and Tinkerbelle!
4 comments:
Duckators! I can only imagine! Change can be hard and lonely, but it is also going to be great! New friends, new places to see, new thigs to do. Thank goodness for email and blogs! Love you both!
I totally understand the family thing. It gets easier with time but is still hard. To attach pictures you just click on the little picture in your post and it will open a box so you can browse your pictures and post them. You can also select the size you want them to be too. Good luck!
I love that you have a blog! As a stay-in-bed, (I mean stay-at-home), mom I surf blogs all the time, but don't have the energy to start one of my own. Glad to hear you guys made it safely. Josh and I are super pumped to have you in Florida, even if it is 7 hours from Tallahassee. Ah well...
Liv and Josh say hi and maybe we can plan a trip soon!
Molly! Love that you're now on my blog list. I'll link you to mine soon so you can have random people checking out your lives in Florida. Fun! Try laying out in the nice Florida weather and coughing and blowing; that's gotta be happier
Post a Comment