My parents recently came out to visit us, which is always a treat. What was an even greater treat, though, was that my mom brought a suitcase full of adorable fabric to make a bumper pad for our little guy! For those of you who do not know, Florida is not exactly the sewer's haven for nice fabric. St. George, on the other hand, is awesome for cute fabric! My mom had been keeping an eye out for cute boy fabric to make a crib set for me. She makes the most amazing bumper pads...they are so fluffy and sturdy and stinkin cute!! Once she got here, she showed me the fabric. I had asked for bright colors as my only stipulation, and she sure came with brights! I was a little weary of the owls just because of the purple in them (not a boy color in my mind), but once we cut up the fabric and laid out the fabric, I was in love! The inside of the bumper pad is a tan minky that is oh-so-soft and the cording on the top is fabulous. She makes the bumper pad, crib sheets, crib skirt, valance (don't have that yet), usually quilts and blankets to match, pillows, blocks, anything she can think of to use any scraps. She is so creative!! Thanks Mom! You are super talented, and I'm so happy I'm your daughter!
Here is a close-up of the big owl fabric:
10 comments:
Oh! It is SOOOOOOO cute! I was really wishing I could have seen it, so thanks for posting it! Mom is a genius, and could make some serious bucks if she wanted to sell her sets!
Love it moo moo! O and the crib ain't so bad either (wink wink) Mom is awesome at that stuff, she tried to explain it to me but....she is not so awesome at that let's face it :) Love her to pieces and can't wait to meet my new little nephew
P.S. your diaper bag will be ordered tomorrow as you have now kept your end of the randsom. Can't believe it had to come to this so I could get a stinkin pic!!!!!!
Shut up! That is so stinking adorable. Can I rent your mom? I heart that prego pic...and I'm pretty much in love with your shoes.
I LOVE THE OWLS AND YES I AM SO JEALOUS. HOW MUCH DOES YOUR MOM CHARGE? CAN YOU TELL I AM EXCITED B/C I AM TALKING IN ALL CAPS. HOLY CRAP. I LOVE IT!
I LOVE IT! And am also EXTREMELY jealous! I want to make a bumper pad and blanket for my little guy, but have NO idea where to begin. I should have guessed I just needed to call the CRAFT woman of the century...YOU!
Super cute! I love that I don't have to be jealous cus no offance I like mine better lol (cause I have a girl). Your Mom is AMAZING!!!! Congrats!!!
No, I think I really am jealous. That is so darn cute!
I am jealous! No joking here! I LOVE IT! That's one thing I've always been sad about...I never have a cute crib set. I'm so glad your mom made this one for you! It's SO CUTE!
Oh I have been loving that fabric for a little bit! Your MOM is amazing!! Your little man is going to sleep well in there! In fact looking at all that is making me want to make something!! Congrats Miss Molly so happy for you guys!!
Wow that is awesome!! That quilt is to die for...i can't believe it is all minky! So cute!! I love it all!!!
Post a Comment