Monday, June 7, 2010

"Well, it's not going to fall off!"

I had my 20 week ultrasound on Friday. I was so excited the night before; I felt like a little kid on Christmas Eve again! I couldn't wait to receive the confirmation that I was having a baby girl. You see, from day 1 I have called it a girl. When I was only craving bean burritos and couldn't keep anything else down, even Elliott nicknamed the fetus "Juanita" (for those of you who don't know, Elliott is half Mexican). When I would read my weekly BabyCenter email and it said "he" in the development description, it didn't sound right. I had many dreams of my little girl...even before I was pregnant. Even Elliott had dreams of the same girl. I knew I was having a girl, and I wanted it confirmed. Her name would be Paisley Jo. Oh, the crafty things I had planned!! Plus, literally ALL of the friends/family around me have had boys. I thought it was high time for a girl in this area, and I was going to be the one to have it.



Elliott finally got to go to this ultrasound. The technician was really efficient and told us everything she was looking at. It was amazing to see the feet, hands, face, spine, heartbeat, legs, butt. Then it came time for the all-important question: What is the sex of the cute little thing inside me???????? The technician said:

"If I can find the sex, do you want me to tell you?"

"Yes."

"Ok.....pause.....it's a little baby BOY!"

"OK....are you SURE??? I know for sure this is a girl."

"No, it's definitely a boy [she points the cursor to his jewels and says]...See that? It's not going to fall off!!"

HAHAHAHA!! She made me laugh, though I have to say I was in a state of shock. Elliott turned to me and said with a huge smile on his face, "It's ok babe, I'll buy you some ice cream."

I must admit I had a hard time at first discovering that my baby was really a boy and not a girl. I mean, I was excited for a boy too, it's just that I was POSITIVE it was a girl! Plus, I think I would make a good girl mom, but I'm weary of my abilities with a boy. I'm getting more and more excited for my little boy everyday. I just wish I could come up with a name I like. Elliott likes Quinton or Wyatt, but I'm not a big fan of either name. We both kinda like Tyson, but still, not sold. Boy names are hard!!

Anyway, to get more excited about my little man, I decided to go shopping. Elliott's sister has been in town, so she went with me. I bought his first outfit. A couple days later, Elliott bought his second outfit. Elliott thinks that he'll get more compliments in the outfit he picked out versus mine. So, if you have read down this far, leave me a comment and tell me which outfit you like better for Baby Snyder!

This is Elliott's outfit. We were at Universal Studios and he picked out this thing for our little guy. Elliott wants me to point out that it has padding in the stomach area to imitate a six-pack:

This is my outfit(s). Little monkey PJ's, silly monkey t-shirt with shorts, socks, and blanket to match:


LET THE VOTING BEGIN!!

15 comments:

Jacob and Cami said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!!! I love the monkeys, but think the six pack is awesome too. Honestly he will probably get more comments when he wears spider man. Any time they wear a character outfit they get lot's of comments.

Laura said...

Elliott's looks a lot like Alex's last Halloween costume, if that's what you are going for. The monkeys are awesome. Congratulations on yet another boy in the ward! Mine will have another friend to wrestle with.

Kellie Knapp said...

OK...

#1. CONGRATS!!!!! I love that you are going to be a Mommy!

#2. Naming a boy SUCKS!!! I have about 42 girl names in the queue but we named our little boy Luke because it was time to leave the hospital and no one could think of anything better!

#3. Mommy's outfit wins HANDS DOWN! It's impossible to go wrong at Gymboree. But I have to say that I LOVE the puffy abs in Dad's outfit!

#4. WE NEED PREGO MOLLY PICTURES, STAT!

Elizabeth J. said...

Hi Molly, CONGRATS!

When I was pregnant with Jack, I really, really, really, wanted another girl. Megan was just more wonderful than I ever hoped for and I didn't think it could get any better. When I found out he was a boy I was dissapointed. Eventually though I was so excited. And now...I WANT A BOY SO BAD!! It might take you until right up until the moment he is born, but you will love him more than you ever thought possible and you won't even remember that girls exist. :)

Both outfits are cute. I do love the ab pack. If I could only buy one of those outfits though, I would go with the monkeys!

Congrats again!!! You're almost there!!

Mallory Schumers said...

Elliott's out is is soooooooooooo much better it's shocking how much better it is!!!

www said...

I like Elliott's a little better than Molly's not quite as much as mal but it's still significantly the better outfit.

Jack Addison said...

Elliott's outfit is better!

Molly said...

Schumers!! You both ALREADY voted for my (Molly's) outfit IN PERSON! So all your little attempts to throw the vote won't work, Jake! I ought to call you ACORN

Jen and Steven said...

Wow, exciting news for the Snyders! Congrats on your upcoming little one! :) I have to vote for Elliott's costume, I'm a sucker for Spiderman. But the monkeys are cute. Good luck with picking out names. I don't know if I'd ever be able to narrow it down to just one or two, I'd probably wind up giving a baby 4 or 5 names and they would hate me for it when they grew up. :)

GOT WOOD said...

yeah! boys are so fun! i'm so excited for you guys! personally i like the monkey outfit. you have to give Elliott some credit for trying. :) he's just an excited daddy to be. :)

Annie said...

Once again I am a little jealous, I just don't think baby boys are in my future. I refuse to vote on this situation because my nephew is going to look awesome in both. I agree with Kelly that we need some prego pics stat!!!!!! Seriously I am getting a little upset that you are over half way and I still have not received one pic, except a bra shopping size shocking pic :). I am way excited for you and can't wait to meet this little fella. (I thought his name is Lincoln????, NO/YES man I am confused)

steveandemilee said...

Well, here's the thing: I like Elliott's outfit for the concept--Spiderman with built-in abs on a baby--awesome! But then for every-day wear, the silly monkey pants are winners. And because sometimes I like to call my own baby 'Senor Silly Pants'. TMI, maybe?

Annie said...

STILL WAITING ON THE PICS!!!!!!!!!!

The Reed Family said...

Boy names are harder. I have two and I don't know what we would name another boy. I am all out of ideas :) It will come to you though and it will be perfect. I must say, I do like the six pack. I think that's hysterical!! And molly, there are lots of ideas for crafting/sewing for a boy. (ok not as many as for a girl but still there are some fun ideas)I LOVE making ties for my boys for church. I just made 4th of July ties that I LOVED. I would love to teach you how. It's my favorite thing I have made for my boys! And I agree with your sister, where are the pregnant pics! :)

Eric & Laura said...

I'm a sucker for monkeys...so I have to say I like Molly's choice best...but I really love the six pack in the spiderman one! AND...the truth is...no one is going to be looking at his outfits, because HE's going to be so darling! We're so excited for you guys! You'll be great parents!

A little insight to the world of Molly, Elliott, and Tinkerbelle!